Rest Peacefully Borje Salming

 


Photo From TSN

With the heartbreaking news of Maple Leafs legend Borje Salming passing away yesterday after a difficult battle with ALS I thought I would post a quick blog paying my respects to someone who was loved by everyone in Leafs Nation.

I never had the chance to watch Borje Salming play, I was 2 when he left the Maple Leafs and joined Detroit but growing up a Leaf fan and studying the team....and watching old games I realized how special a player Borje was and being in attendance for his final appearance on November 12th with one of  my best friends Jackson taking me to that nights game against Vancouver, that  is something I'll remember for a very long time. I like many people had tears in my eyes during the entire ceremony honoring the Leafs legend and the ovation from the crowd when he walked onto the ice with his loved ones by his side would have given anyone chills. Borje will be missed by not just Leaf fans but hockey fans from all over, so Borje thank you for everything you did for the Toronto Maple Leafs but also thank you for what you did for the game of hockey.

All of Leafs Nation loves you, we miss you, but of course we’ll never forget you.

Rest Peacefully King 

Comments

Popular Posts